Believed to have been built circa 1875, this house was occupied in 1880 by Reuben B. Wilson, an Augusta grocer. Zachariah Daniel was living there by 1891, and it is generally known as the Daniel House. Daniel was also a successful grocer in Augusta. This is the most outstanding and sophisticated example of the Second Empire style in Augusta. Note the slate mansard roof, a signature element of any Second Empire building, but also the heavy quoins, bracketed eaves, hooded windows, and central tower room.