Built in 1883 by George S. Hookey as an investment. Hookey lived next door at the corner of Fifth Street, and was a local coal dealer and superintendent of the gas light company in Augusta. He initially rented this house for a period of years, one of the early occupants being Edward R. Dorsey, general freight and passenger agent of the Georgia Railroad. William M. Dunbar and his family lived here from 1902 until 1905, during which time he served as Mayor of Augusta between 1907 and 1910. This is another excellent example of the Second Empire style of architecture, featuring a mansard roof. Notice the windows with segmental arches rather than round Roman arches, and the carved decorative brackets on the porch posts.