Built circa 1875 and soon owned by Samuel Hale Sibley, it subsequently became the home of his sister-in-law, Emma, the widow of George Royal Sibley. The Sibley Family was involved in many aspects of Augusta business throughout most of the 19th and early 20th centuries. This is another fine example of the Second Empire style of architecture. Note the slate mansard roof, the hooded windows, the carved brackets supporting the front porch, and the offset room to the left of the fa├žade with bay window.