This was built in 1949 as an A & P Super Market. It featured many new and modern features of the time, including florescent lighting, a produce department with open self-service refrigerated cases in which fresh fruits and vegetables were kept, a frozen foods department, a full service and self-service meat department and a self-service dairy department. For shoppers with small children, it also featured grocery carts that were equipped with a seat for the baby. The building is representative of the utilitarian warehouse plans that were built for grocery stores in the mid-20th Century. M Saint James Sunday School Monument. Initiated in 1865 by Martin V. Calvin, Augusta’s historian, and Joseph T. Derry, Woodrow Wilson’s first school teacher, this Confederate monument was the first in Augusta. It was erected in December 1873 by the Cenotaph Club and the Saint James Methodist Church Sunday School. Not only does it list the names of 24 fallen Sunday School members at Saint James Church, but it also lists 290 Richmond County Civil War dead as well. Constructed of marble by Theodore Markwalter’s marble works in Augusta, it rests on a granite base in the center of Greene Street.