Completed in 1896 on the property owned by the Brislan family, the eponymous building served primarily as a rental property, housing one to two first floor storefronts, as well as upstairs professional offices and residences. Retail operations in the building included several different grocery stores, clothing and dry goods stores, furniture stores, and druggists, the latter being of particular convenience during times when second floor professional space was leased by physicians. Interesting architectural features include polychrome brick details above the windows and plaques on the parapet containing the name of the building and a grotesque flanked by dragons. In 1991, a certified rehabilitation was carried out by VGR Architects.