Completed in 1872, this building replaced the first Jewish Synagogue that was built in 1847 at the northeast corner of Greene and 8th Streets. This building cost $12,000 and is the oldest existing structure built as a synagogue in Georgia. It served as the Reformed congregation until 1951 when the Walton Way Temple was built in West Augusta. The city converted it to offices in 1960. It has been leased by Historic Augusta, Inc., who is working with the Augusta Jewish Museum to rehabilitate the building.