Completed in 1875 as the Manse of First Christian Church, this handsome Italianate style building was designed by D. B. Woodruff, architect of Macon. It replaced the former manse, located on Seventh Street, now the headquarters of Historic Augusta, Inc. It was built from the beneficence of Mrs. Emily Thomas Tubman, a member of the church who paid the entire cost of the construction of the Christian Church complex. Note the heavily hooded windows, the bracketed porch eaves, and the unusual two-sided bay facing the street. Also note the handsome cast iron and stone fence that defines the property beginning here and wrapping around the corner of Seventh Street.