Remodeled in 1888, this simple, large building is a great example of adaptive use in downtown Augusta. Originally located among warehouses, stables, and small business, the building housed many tenants including the original classrooms for Paine College in 1882. The H. H. Claussen family acquired it, converting it into their bakery, and sold their goods in the front part of the building facing Broad Street. They resided on the upper floors. Note the family name that was added on the Broad Street facade after it was improved in 1888. Subsequent uses have housed various retail endeavors, including a drug store and a hair care supplier. In 1988 a group of local investors purchased the property and renovated it for retail and office space.