Originally called the Schneider Building when John R. Schneider improved the old Chris Gray building in 1899, and added the handsome front of Georgia Marble. Architect: H. H. Johannsen. Contractor: J. H. McKenzie & Sons. Stone work by William F. Bowe. Windows have been altered. Later renamed the Commerce Building. This building is connected to another building on 7th Street, dating from the 1870s.