Elliott\’s Funeral Home was originally three houses. The two houses on the east end of the present building were built as residences between 1890 and 1904. In 1917, the original building on this site that was used as Elliott\’s was built, replacing two earlier houses. In the 1940\’s, the business was expanded into the central house, which had been the home of the proprietor, with a connector between the two buildings. Later, the house on the left was also added to bring about the present configuration. Robert Edward Elliott founded the funeral home in 1896 on Broad Street in the Harrisburg neighborhood, and later relocated to Eleventh and Ellis Streets before moving to this site in 1917. After his death in 1935, the business became known as Elliott Sons Funeral Home.