Gabriel Clark purchased this lot in 1814, which was often referred as the stable lot, connecting to a livery stable to the north on Ellis Street. The is a rare example of the Federal style remaining in downtown Augusta. Physical evidence suggests it has been altered, with 9/6 double hung sash windows on the second floor, but 6/6 on the first and third floors. It has been suggested that the house was raised up on the brick ground floor after its original construction. Paul Fitzsimmons Eve, a renowned medical doctor, was living in the house by 1841. His cousin, Dr. Joseph A. Eve purchased it in 1858, and deeded it to his son, Dr. Sterling Eve in 1873, giving it a long association with the Eve family of Augusta who produced so many distinguished medical doctors. Note the exterior brick chimneys and the cast iron balcony on this rare surviving wooden house near the central business district.