Built between 1809 and 1812 according to plans drawn in 1807 by Robert Mills in a design competition. Altered to the present design in 1848 master builder William Henry Goodrich of Augusta, converting it to Tudor-Gothic style. East and west wings added in ____. Congregation was established in 1804 at Saint Paul’s Church on Reynolds Street. Joseph Ruggles Wilson, father of President Woodrow Wilson served as pastor here, 1858-1870. Presbyterian Church in the Confederate States was founded here in 1861. Building and grounds used as a Confederate hospital and prison after the Battle of Chickamauga in 1863. NR