Built circa 1854 by John P. Force, of Conley-Force and Company, wholesale and retail dealers in boots, shoes, trunks, valises, carpet bags, skins and leather. Sold in 1866 to William Elbert Jackson, president of the Augusta Factory, the first mill developed along the Augusta canal. The Jackson Family remained in residence until 1907. In 1916 to was purchased for use as the Young Women’s Christian Association. After the Y relocated all of its operations to its facility on Wheeler Road in West Augusta, this was closed and sold in 1993 to Saint Stephen’s ministries, which still occupies the building as a residential facility. One of Augusta’s finest Italianate mansions, note the symmetrical façade, the one-story portico with Doric columns, the cast iron balconies and the heavily bracketed eaves with half sized windows on the third floor, all typical of the style.