This building is believed to have been construed as a mercantile building in 1836. While the original owner is unknown, records show that the building was used as a restaurant, produce market, liquor store, jeweler/music center, and a boarding house. The building\’s long history of commercial use is a major reason behind its inclusion in Bankers First rehabilitation project in the 1980s, turning the space into a retail banking office on the first floor and two condominiums for overnight guests of the bank on the floors above.