Built in 1882 by 25-year old Jacob Phinizy, a great-nephew of John Phinizy who built the house next door. Jake Phinizy was a cotton factor with the firm F. Phinizy and Company, and later served as the president of the Georgia Railroad Bank. This handsome example of the Second Empire style features the signature mansard roof with a central towering pavilion and a mansard bay on the side. It became Poteet Funeral Home in 1946, and the chapel on the west side was added in 1958, when the building was also modernized by Scroggs and Ewing, architects, and Guy Smith, Contractor. Note the original two-story stable in the rear facing Monument Street.