Built in 1860 in the Italianate Style by William H. Salisbury, local stove merchant. Sold new to Emily H. Tubman who provided it as a manse for her pastor, James S. Lamar of the First Christian Church. His son, Joseph Rucker Lamar served as a justice of the Supreme Court of the United States. Sold in 1875 to Ferdinand Bowdre Phinizy and retained by his family until the 1930s, when it became a tourist home. Rehabilitation completed in 2004 as headquarters for Historic Augusta Inc.