Built as Holy Trinity Lutheran Church between 1884 and 1887, this was the result of the second generation of Lutherans in Augusta who spoke English as their first language. Splitting from the mother church, Saint Matthew’s on Walker Street, they employed an architect and had this edifice constructed by contractor T. O. Brown. Merging with the mother congregation in 1921, this building was sold to the Christian Scientists after the Lutherans moved to a newer and larger building at 835 Greene Street in 1926. The English Gothic style building began serving its third and present congregation in 2004.