Constructed between 1956 and 1958, this nine-story marble clad building was constructed to house the courts and offices of both the City of Augusta and Richmond County. The International style building was designed by the Augusta architectural firms of Scroggs and Ewing and Kuhlke and Wade, and the general contractor was Beers Construction Company of Atlanta. This building replaced the 1820 Federal style courthouse that sat directly behind it until 1958.