Built in 1933, this Art Nouveau Style building replaced the original Davidson School on the same block and was named for the father of public education in Richmond County. Davidson School was originally an elementary school and was made into a Fine Arts Magnet School in 1982. It was closed in 1997 when new campus was completed on Twelfth Street. Demolition of the old John S. Davidson School took place in the Spring of 2016.