Constructed in the 1820s, this building is one of the oldest surviving structures in downtown Augusta. This building was one of three brick tenements built buy the Reid family in the early-19th century, 584 and 588 Broad Street being the other two. Robert A. Reid, one of the former owners, also endowed Reid Memorial Presbyterian Church upon his death in 1876. The building\’s exterior is a rare example of Federal design expressed in a commercial facade. It also features 9/9 double hung sash windows on the second floor with fine Federal-era lintels still intact, and its original cornice is decorated with large dentils. A single pedimented dormer is centered on the front slope of the gabled metal roof. Cast iron columns and a balcony were added in the late 19th century, but are also considered of historical significance, now ell over 100 years old. The large triple parlor on the second level features original pocket and folding doors in addition to gracefully curved walls and closet doors. This property would be ideal for a commercial venture street level with residential living space on the remaining floors.