Built in 1916, it was remarkable at the time because so many members of Saint James Methodist Church were affected by the great Augusta conflagration of March 1916, and needed to rebuild their own homes. The Craftsman style house with a Romanesque Revival style front porch was designed by Augusta architect G. Lloyd Preacher, and constructed by local contractor, T. O. Brown.