The Recreation Building in the rear was constructed in 1950, designed by the Augusta architectural firm of Scroggs and Ewing. They also designed the front portion that was constructed in 1953-54 with a façade complementing the Romanesque Revival design of the main church building next door. Note the Roman arches over the windows and the Roman arcade that connects the annex back into the rest of the church complex.