Built following the 1916 fire for a dry goods merchant. The Sullivanesque style of the architecture seen was made popular by Louis Sullivan of Chicago. An interesting architectural feature is that there is a different window type on each floor. The architect of the building was G. Lloyd Preacher of Augusta, who also designed the Modjeska and Imperial Theaters. The building had certified rehabilitation in 2002-2003 by Haltermann Partners.