Mr. Henry Kennedy established a saloon business in downtown Augusta in 1868 and built the current building around 1901. Mr. Kennedy featured a photograph of his new building with an advertisement in the 1902 City Directory. This building is an excellent example of a turn-of-the-century storefront architecture. The commercial space of the first floor has been steadily occupied since the construction. Mr. Kennedy is listed at the address until 1908. Mr. W. H. Newman is listed in the city directories from 1909 to 1910. In 1917 Mr. Israel Sandler operated a tailor shop at 1022 Broad Street until 1932. In 1993, the Broad Street Artists\’ Row project was initiated to secure tenants for the vacant building and facade grants were given for the restoration of the original appearance of the block. 1024 Broad Street would host a book store until 2013 and 1022 Broad Street operated as a restaurant. The second floor residential space was occupied by various tenants in the first 30 years, but appears to have been vacant since 1935.  This certified historic rehabilitation features the two commercial spaces on the first floor and four residential loft apartments on the second floor and was completed in 2015.