1102 Greene Street. The oldest part of this building dates to 1851 when it was built as a mission of First Presbyterian Church. Although the new congregation failed, it was used to teach Sunday School to slaves and free blacks during and after the Civil War. After being a black Methodist Church for a time, it was acquired by Union Baptist Church in 1883. In 1888 the congregation completely remodeled it in the Carpenter Gothic style according to designs provided by the Augusta architectural firm of MacMurphey and Story. The building has been restored for the congregation as a project of Historic Augusta between 1997 and 2010.