Augusta's Historic Districts
Image above is a screenshot from Augusta Maps Online GIS
The unique historic districts in Augusta feature their own developmental, cultural, and architectural characteristics. Below is a list of Augusta’s National Register Historic Districts and the link to the searchable database of the National Park Service for Richmond County. Contributing resources within listed historic districts are potentially eligible for state and/or federal certified rehabilitation tax credits.
You may select the digitized PDF file on the National Park Service database to read the complete nomination, see photocopies of submitted photographs, and understand the official district boundaries.
- National Register of Historic Places, Richmond County, Georgia List database
- Augusta Downtown Historic District (Includes Broad Street and Greene Street Historic Districts)
- Augusta Canal Industrial District
- Harrisburg-West End
- Laney-Walker North
- Paine College
- Pinch Gut (Olde Town Neighborhood)
- Sand Hills
- Woodlawn (not shown on the GIS maps screenshot above, please follow this link to view the district boundaries and documented historic neighborhoods within the district.)